Thursday, December 5, 2013

Birds, Bees and Trees

The best part about living in Maryland is the greenery. California has about one twentieth of the trees, grass and flowers that I see here. It's so beautiful. I traded it for the Pacific Ocean, my first best friend. And like the sea, all of this green lets me breathe and put everything into perspective. It also lets Sabine and Zadie climb, crawl, crouch, hide, disappear and imagine.

Sometimes I really miss California and the pink and orange sherbet sunsets, turquoise swimming pools, crooked palm trees, and navy blue and emerald green ocean. But I don't want to do one thing for most of my life. I know that landscape. Now I'm getting to know a new one. And there's nothing like seeing something for the very first time.








No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...